Those who recidivate are often minor criminals. From Wordnet, Princeton University.
Those old ladies in the story are unlikely to recidivate. From Wordnik.com. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Oh, That’s Funny, Because I Happen to Have [Officer Krupke] Right Here] Reference
If you get out of jail and you're 60 or 65 or 70, is there a likelihood that you're going to recidivate?. From Wordnik.com. [CNN Transcript Apr 1, 2002] Reference
And even if 25 percent of them will not recidivate, are we willing to risk the other 75 percent of our children?. From Wordnik.com. [CNN Transcript Sep 8, 2009] Reference
And even after leaving the program, drug court participants -- even if they don't complete the program -- recidivate at rates 4-20% lower than those in control groups. From Wordnik.com. [Fact Sheet On Helping Communities Fight Crime And Drugs] Reference
POULSEN: I suspect that I only found the ones who are least likely to be doing wrong now, perhaps the ones that joined MySpace not looking to recidivate, just doing what MySpace users do. From Wordnik.com. [CNN Transcript Oct 18, 2006] Reference
Peaceable felons will then have, like all other law-abiding citizens, the ability to wear body armor defensively with no risk to society and the violent felons who recidivate will face consequences for wearing body armor in their future crimes. From Wordnik.com. [The Volokh Conspiracy » United States v. Alderman and Felon Possession of Body Armor:] Reference
They are also the ones most likely the recidivate. on the one hand, the guy he just killed was a scumbag. From Wordnik.com. [Denver Post: News: Breaking: Local] Reference
"It is a fact that if you got a job while you are in prison ... and you get your GED during your time, you recidivate at 8 percent of the time," Baldwin said. From Wordnik.com. [press-citizen.com - SPORTS] Reference
They chose not to counter testimony by noted criminologist Dr. Alfred Blumstein that a person with a criminal record is more likely to recidivate, even if, as in El's case, the conviction was. From Wordnik.com. [ERE.net] Reference
Countless studies show that without supervision, ex-offenders are much more likely to recidivate - increasing crime, victimizing more people and placing higher costs on our correctional system. From Wordnik.com. [CapeCodToday Blog Chowder] Reference
Moreover, if you examine all of the factors that are used to predict whether person is most likely to recidivate, those factors indicate that Mr. Hayes will not engage in any criminal activity. From Wordnik.com. [Upping the Anti - A Journal of Theory and Action] Reference
Nurses on probation who had a history of criminal conviction were more likely to recidivate, suggesting that licensing boards should carefully screen and monitor nurses with a criminal background. From Wordnik.com. [EurekAlert! - Breaking News] Reference
It is difficult to distinguish the effect on crime rates of removing from circulation offenders with a propensity to recidivate (i.e., incapacitation) and the impact of frightening into law-abidingness potential offenders who remain at large (deterrence). From Wordnik.com. [Claremont.org] Reference
The proportion of men who had been disciplined was more than twice the proportion of men in the national nursing workforce, and younger nurses (both men and women) were also more likely to recidivate: among those who were younger than 40, 49\% recidivated, while 34\% of those who were 40 years old or older. From Wordnik.com. [EurekAlert! - Breaking News] Reference
The proposal would also eliminate access to stale records of ex-offenders who have proven they are not likely to recidivate; and give individuals applying for jobs and housing more control over how they are considered by receiving notice of someone reviewing their criminal record and provided the right to contest the accuracy and relevance of those records. From Wordnik.com. [CapeCodToday Blog Chowder] Reference
Studies indicate program participants are 24% less likely to recidivate, and are 14% more likely to be gainfully employed upon re-entry into society. From Wordnik.com. [Spire to Supply Integrator Services for PV Systems to UNICOR - Yahoo! Finance] Reference
JACOBS: - would recidivate. From Wordnik.com. [NewsBusters.org - Exposing Liberal Media Bias] Reference
LearnThatWord and the Open Dictionary of English are programs by LearnThat Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Questions? Feedback? We want to hear from you!
Email us or click here for instant support.
Copyright © 2005 and after - LearnThat Foundation. Patents pending.