Open Dictionary
mouse here to listen, click to choose/add more
Location: USA
Source: Learn That Word
Profile URL:

Are you a native English speaker? How do you pronounce this word?

Thank you for contributing!
upload mp3 file or record now it's easy, promised!

{%type%} Definitions

WordNet 3.0Copyright Princeton University


Short "hint"

v. - Go back to bad behavior.

Usage examples (18)
  • Those who recidivate are often minor criminals
  • Those old ladies in the story are unlikely to recidivate.
  • If you get out of jail and you're 60 or 65 or 70, is there a likelihood that you're going to recidivate?
  • And even if 25 percent of them will not recidivate, are we willing to risk the other 75 percent of our children? for more
Tutoring comment

Tutoring comment not yet available...

add more
The Open Dictionary of English is a collaborative project, based on Open Source materials, LearnThat resources, and partner APIs.
We give special thanks to our LearnThat volunteers, as well as Princeton University and Wiktionary for their Open Source word data. We're also grateful for the support given by Google,,, and YouTube,,,,, as well as the generous Creative Commons community.